Tuesday 22 April 2008

Hello internet!

Hi! This is my new blog. I've recently remembered how much I love making pictures, and as I don't have a lot on at the moment I'm going to make lots of them and put them on here for everyone to see. I do illustrations using plasticine in a relief style (ie. on a flat surface but raised), and I love bold, simple images and bright colours. The hand-made quality of the plasticine gives it a fun, quirky quality, yet there can be a sinister aspect to the starkness of the images.

Anyway, enough of the mouthing, here's a picture:




And here's a couple of pictures I did at uni, it was for a competition to make images that could be used in adverts for Orange. I didn't win. I still maintain that this was because I didn't stick the label on the back of the pictures securely enough (possibly).

This one is "Internet and phone together". It features the mug-fork, the umbrella-pan , the vacuum-shower, and of course the hamster-toast rack.



And the theme for this one was "bigger networks"


There should be plenty more coming in the next few months!

Kristofski xx

No comments: